Welcome back to another episode of Wall Street Unplugged!
This week I’m joined by longtime friend, Andrew Horowitz. Andrew is the host of the financial podcast – The Disciplined Investor. He is also the CEO and Founder of Horowitz & Company.
To start off the interview, Andrew and I talk about the #1 catalyst in the markets right now…
We’re talking politics.
As Andrew says, “everything the governments talk about, the markets hang their hats on.” And he couldn’t be more spot on.
The stock market just had it’s worst week since the election after Donald Trump failed to rally support for his healthcare plan.
And with markets already trading at a premium, investor sentiment is beginning to pull back.
As we all know, the markets have reached new heights solely on anticipation of Trump’s pro-growth policies. But will they actually be carried out?
Tune in as Andrew explains today’s overarching issue… And why paying close attention to the guys upstairs (the government) is now more important than ever before.
Then, if there’s one thing that Andrew nails every time he’s on the podcast…
It’s his short picks.
To end the interview Andrew presents listeners with two more. This is a thesis investors don’t want to miss.
Links & Resources
- The launch of my newsletter is just days away… If you’re not on the waiting list, Sign up here
- Tune in to Andrew’s previous episode on the podcast: Ep. 467: Staying one step ahead of the Trump jump
- Read: Andrew’s book: The Disciplined Investor: Essential Strategies for Success
- Stay connected: Follow Andrew on his own podcast: The Disciplined Investor
- Click here to read the entire show transcript! (pdf)